Saturday, December 31, 2011

See ya, 2011. It's been real.

I am exhausted. 2011 has worn me out. I was sick for 3 weeks after Thanksgiving, then had the craziness of my birthday, getting ready for Christmas, traveling to Minnesota for a quick 6 days with my family, and now I'm back in New York to close out the year. I've been going to bed at 9 p.m. this week because I am just. so. tired.

I'm heading out tonight to dinner and a New Year's party at Chelsea Loft with some good friends from college that I haven't seen in a while (one is visiting from Denmark!). I'm excited to get out and have a good time and dance and drink and celebrate tonight! It's been too long since I've had a good night out. I had to take it easy on my birthday since I was still kind of sick, so this is long overdue.

Anyway, like everyone else on the internet (and in the world), I am making some New Year's resolutions. Maybe I'll check in on these throughout the year and let you know how I'm doing... maybe I'll forget about all of these by next week... We'll see. Cross your fingers for me.

Resolutions for 2012:
  1. Health:
    • Refine Method 1x per week. I bought a 10-class pass and have yet to go more than once.
    • Actually go to yoga once a month, even just a free class at Lululemon or Athleta.
    • Join a summer sports league in Central Park. I'm thinking it will be a perfect summer for kickball after graduation in May.
    • 90-second plank and side-plank by next year. I can do a 40-second forearm plank now, but it nearly kills me. This move is the bane of my fitness existence.
    • 80 ounces of water per day.
  2. 2012 Reading List. I fell a little short on my pleasure reading goals this year, and I have a lot of books to cover in 2012!
  3. Set (and follow!) a personal budget. I use Mint.com intermittently, but I'm determined to actually check in every day or every other day and meet my financial goals. I have to start paying back student loans this year, which means I have to start setting aside some of my shoe and beer money to reserve for those loan payments...
    • This will also mean following a grocery budget more carefully--making weekly meal plans, bringing my lunch to work, eating out less, and only buying the food items that I actually need for the week... not the Cheez-its, wine, and chocolate ice cream that somehow make it into my cart sometimes...
    • I'm toying around with the idea of a one-month shopping ban. I'm not ready to commit to this yet, but we'll see.
  4. Rock my Master's Capstone this spring. I am determined to not procrastinate and really come up with a viable (and awesome) business plan for my final project in my final semester of grad school.
  5. Career:
    • Dress better for work. Even when I'm tired. This may involve actually planning out outfits the night before and getting up a little earlier in the morning.
    • Keep my résumé up to date.
    • Attend 4 professional events this year with NYWICI and YPG. (I only got to 2 events this last year).
  6. Organize:
    • Actually use my file cabinet to organize important documents, bills, etc. and organize receipts (they are currently stuffed in a drawer with no system whatsoever).
    • Clean out my closet in January, June, and October. Get rid of things that haven't been worn. Re-assess organization. Find a home for all the junk that is just sitting in the bottom of my closet...
    • Take all items that need to be fixed/hemmed, etc. to the tailor and take shoes/purse to be fixed to the cobbler. These have all been sitting in my closet taking up space, being unwearable, for at least 4-8 months now... Time to move.
  7. Host brunch 1x, cocktail party 1x, dinner 1x for friends. I love playing Martha Stewart and having people over, but I never seem to find time to do it! This year, I want to make this happen. I am having my first cocktail party this year (dates & evites TK).
That's enough. Like I said, we'll see. I feel like I always make these goals in some form or another, but I've never written them down so specifically. I think that should help.

I'm off to get ready for the evening and maybe get some work done before then. Happy New Year to all! Here's to a fantastic night (and 2012) of good friends, good drinks, and of course, glitter!

4 comments:

  1. Happy 2012!


    Minted Magazine


    mintedmag.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, lovely!! Thanks so much for your comment, also as for your question?! When I'm cleansing I get all of my protein from whole grains, lentils, pea's, beans, quinoa. I usually do a cleans 2-3 times a year, & it's a great way to restore my energy/health. Happy 2012 to you. xo veronika

    ReplyDelete
  3. such great goals! you can do it! yoga is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete